This 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari Uganda leads you to Kibale forest national park, Uganda’s largest home to different primate species. The 3 days Chimpanzee trekking safari Uganda takes you on a guided chimpanzee trekking experience in Kibale forest where you will encounter different species of primates and 1000’s of birds.
The typical 3 days Kibale Chimpanzee Safari Uganda is only possible for those that are already in Uganda or planning for morning arrival so you can transfer direct to Kibale Forest National Park. Otherwise, you will need 1 extra day which makes it 4 days.
Kibale Forest National Park is one of the most attractive national parks in Uganda with varied tracts of tropical rain forest and several animals. The park covers 795 km2 of rain forest, swamps, rivers and few areas of grassland. It is home to more than 1,450 chimpanzees protected inside the park and in total thirteen primate species. Children have to be 12 years and above to able to track the Chimpanzees, if you have children below 12 years they can engage in an educative forest walk.
This 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari will bring you on a chimp trek safari inside Kibale forest. There are 2 times for trekking opportunities per day (morning or afternoon). You are allowed to stay with the chimps for a maximum of one hour after locating them. The 3 days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari Uganda will see you visit Bigodi swamp and here you will meet with the local community for presentations as a form of supporting and giving back to the society so as to conserve the park.
- Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale National Park
- Community Walk in Bigodi Swamp
- Road trip back to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Kibale National Park
After morning breakfast, leave Kampala for chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest. Your driver guide will pick you up at the airport or hotel and transfer you to Fortportal. As you drive through the countryside, enjoy the remarkable landscapes, traditional homes and catch glimpses of the different striking bird species. Have a stopover for lunch in Fort portal town – the tourism capital of Uganda because of the beautiful landscapes and attractions. You will arrive at your lodging for the night in the Crater lakes region.
Day 2: Chimpanzees trekking in Kibale national park
Your driver guide will transfer you to the briefing place right after breakfast, he will then hand in your details and permits for registration and allocation of chimpanzee community to trek. You will then be allocated to a chimpanzee community and your ranger guide will lead you on the trek in search of this great ape. Watch the chimpanzees in their natural habitat, as they swing from the branches in the canopy high above the forest floor, feed, play and rest.
In the afternoon, explore the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary. The reserve is abundant with butterflies, plants, animals and spectacular birds like Great Blue Turaco and rare Papyrus Gonolek will be of great interest to birders. The swamp is also home to elusive animals such as Red Colobus monkeys and Sitatunga.
Day 3: Kibale National Park to Kampala/Entebbe
After breakfast, you will enjoy a leisurely drive back to Kampala arriving in the afternoon. Drop off at your hotel in Kampala or at Entebbe airport for your onward flight and that will be end of this 3 Days Kibale forest Chimpanzee tracking safari in Uganda.
END OF SAFARI
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
- Bigodi wetland walk
- An English speaking full-time professional guide/driver
- All park entry fees
- Accommodation- Full board while on safari
- Transport (in a 4 x 4 safari vehicle)
- Touring and Photography
- Lunches enroute
- Ranger guide
- Bottled drinking water
- Accommodation facilities while in Kampala hotels
- Any optional or extra activity not involved in the itinerary
- International flights
- Other personal expenses like buying of crafts, cigars, souvenirs, tips, laundry services, and drinks
What to bring:
- Rain jacket
- Water proof hiking shoes
- Trousers and long sleeved shirts
- Insect repellent
- Sun hat
Chimpanzee Trekking guidelines or trekking rules:
- No smoking is allowed while with the Chimpanzee or within a distance of 200 meters from the Chimpanzee.
- Keep Distance of 7 meters (21 feet) away from the Chimpanzee.
- Do not use flash photography as they may scare the Chimpanzee.
- Do not make loud noise or move suddenly.
- Anyone with flue or Diarrhea or any sort of communicable diseases will not be allowed to enter the park for Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale forest national park.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the Chimpanzee and do not surround the Chimpanzee while meeting them.