Volunteering is an amazing opportunity to travel and help those in need. Volunteering abroad is a great way to learn about the culture of Uganda and give back to the community. There are many organizations that can provide you with information on what types of work you will be doing, as well as how long your stay will be. Here are ten reasons why volunteering in Uganda is a worthwhile experience:
1) Work with locals on projects such as building schools or homes for families living below the poverty line
2) The people of Uganda have been known for their kindness and generosity, which makes for great interactions between volunteers and local communities
3) Volunteer-run programs often organize weekend activities like rafting trips or traditional dance classes.
4) It gives back to a community that needs help and support after years of civil war.
5) It allows volunteers from all over the world an opportunity to work together towards a common goal – creating sustainable development projects in rural areas of Uganda.
6) Volunteering can be done on any budget.
7) You’ll have the chance to meet wonderful people with different backgrounds from all over the world
8) The cuisine will be unlike anything you’ve ever tasted before
9) There are so many activities available for volunteers, including teaching English at local schools or helping out at orphanages
10) You will have the opportunity to live with a host family so you learn about Ugandan culture first hand